[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew at ATM Logic" < at >
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Route back to Terminal Server through captive portal?
 Date:  Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:38:25 -0500
I think I am missing somehting...

I have a MS terminal server on 192.168.0.10 (SME Gateway on 192.168.0.254)
Attached to that network I have a m0n0wall 1.3b2mw (192.168.1.1/24)
providing access for some remote clients via high power wireless.  In the
past non of the users every required access to any part of our network so I
did not care.
Now I would like two things, #1 my laptop not have to sign in

(thought I had it by putting the Mac address in the Captive portal, however
I either did it wrong, or it did not work, it still asks for user/pass or
voucher)

But most important, I would like to route to my terminal server... from the
rest of the 'outside' world I can get to it (e.g. from a connection
somewhere else in the world)   I think I just have to forward an external
port 33895 to the internal 33895 then my SME firewall will forward it from
that to 3389.  Or maybe I don't because I am already on the 192.168.0.x
network?

Anyhow, if someone can push me in the right direction, that would be great,
the rest I think I can resolve...  Main trouble is I threw this online over
a year ago, and have only gone back to add the odd user... even then I had
to remember and think again.

Thanks,