[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Senao APs Was: [m0n0wall] Wireless WDS
 Date:  Sat, 15 Mar 2008 12:42:21 -0500
Alex M wrote:
> Well senao does stupid things but from what I see their signal "quality" to
> price ration beats all the competition. But if you would tell me is there
> any better 600mW APs for less then $200 I would switch.
>
> As to Mono AP even w/o WDS. I Was playing around and set up one AP based on
> PC Engines board with 400mW radio and for some reason the performance was
> just terrible. I don't know what was the cause but after that we don't do
> any DIY.

Price performance may be good, but quality control is junk.  They burn
out fast, and there was a run where all of them burned within 3 months.
  We do RMAs in batches of 20 to cut down in shipping costs.  Of the
ECB-3220 line I would say we have RMAed about 70% of the ones we
purchased. The Netgear WG-302, on the other hand, has had no failures in
the past 3 years.  Range is almost as good with 1/4 of the power.  At a
greater cost.

			Lee