[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Guido kostons" <guidokostons at gmail dot com>
 To:  <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Howto reach the admin pages from a vlan with a procurve 2626 switch
 Date:  Wed, 5 Mar 2008 21:05:13 +0100
Hello Bill,

Thank you for your great explanation.
I did a few things right and a few things wrong.

What i did right:
I created the vlans the way you explained
every vlan got its own subnet ip range
lan-vlan22 - 192.168.172.0/27 - vlan id 22
wlan-vlan44 - 192.168.174.0/27 - vlan id 44
dmz-vlan66 - 192.168.176.0/27 - vlan id 66

I switched on dhcp on al 3 vlans and set the ip ranges.
192.168.172.2 -  192.168.172.30
192.168.174.2 - 192.168.174.30
192.168.176.2 - 192.168.176.30

on the procurve i set:
untagged port 1-8 vlan id 22
untagged port 9-16 vlan id 44
untagged port 17-24 vlan id 66
tagged port 25-26 (2x gigabit ports)

Wen i connect a client system to the switch ports 1-24 i receive the right
ip from the m0n0wall vlan dhcpd
and i'm able to surf the Internet.

One thing i did wrong I kept the lan interface assigned to the physical nic.

> First, for the LAN Interface, click the drop-down button and change it
> from a real (physical eth0, xl0, etc) interface to the correct VLAN you
> have configured on your Procurve switch to be your LAN subnet.

> Chris has nice graphical write-up and explanation about VLANS here:
> http://wiki.m0n0.ch/wikka.php?wakka=VLAN
>
> I am want to clean up and rework/reword this explanation and finish the
> "m0n0wall VLAN configuration TBD..." part of that page so there is a
> one-stop-shopping place for a decent VLAN explanation (with graphics) as
> well as a how-to for a m0n0wall-specific VLAN configuration... Stay
> tuned. :)
>
> I am sure that this is confusing, so ask questions. I am sure I can
> clarify some of the more confusing parts.

I bookmarked the url ofcourse and keep an eye on it ;)
Very nice page with lots of info about vlan tagging and m0n0wall.

It was confusing but i was on the right path, one thing i did wrong (kept
the LAN on the physical nic).
I hope this solves the webgui problem, the rest of my vlans was working.

I'm going to test this at the weekend wen i have more time.
And let you and the list know if that solved the webgui problem.

Thanks again for your explanation.

Guido

p.s.
I just tested it and it works !