[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn dot com>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  internet storm?
 Date:  Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:05:12 -0500
I am in the configuration stage of a new ALIX board (3C2) with a Compex
WLM54G 200mW B/G wifi card.

On the serial port, I get a continuing stream of lines:
  interrupt storm detected on "irq9:"; throttling interrupt source

maybe once a second or so.

What do these mean?

----

The WAN is vr0
the LAN is ath0

I have another computer connected to the WAN port and it has a dhcpd
supplying IP addresses from 192.168.4.128 to 192.168.4.254. The ALIX
board has accepted 192.168.4.254

Logging in to the ALIX board from the WAN port connected machine, I can
see a number of SSID's from neighboring machines when I click on
 Status-> Wireless

The signal strength ranges from 1 to 127 on the Status-> Wireless SSID
scan results.

Looking at the Status-> Interfaces, the LAN status is 'no carrier' with
0/0 packets in/out and 1210/0 in/out errors.

This information does seem a bit inconsistent with the Status ->
Wireless SSID scan.

Still clicking around..

Bob G