[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] internet storm?
 Date:  Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:10:50 -0400
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn dot com> wrote:
> I am in the configuration stage of a new ALIX board (3C2) with a Compex
>  WLM54G 200mW B/G wifi card.
>
>  On the serial port, I get a continuing stream of lines:
>   interrupt storm detected on "irq9:"; throttling interrupt source
>
>  maybe once a second or so.
>
>  What do these mean?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interrupt_storm

In this case, likely either a hardware problem or a driver bug.

Make sure your ALIX has the latest BIOS on it, as earlier revisions
have had various bugs. Also make sure you're on the latest 1.3b
release, as it's based on FreeBSD 6.3 which has a newer ath HAL that
has been reported to work better than the 6.2 one.

-Chris