[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall User List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.232 total freezes since we use PPPOE
 Date:  Mon, 17 Mar 2008 09:10:59 +0100
On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 8:22 AM, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2008 at 3:15 AM, YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com> wrote:
> >
> >  But it's so strange it did never happen b4 we changed the ISP.
> >  Anyway, I will sure give it a try on a problem system to see what it
> brings
> >  me.
> >

> It wouldn't be that strange. Your effective MTU with PPPoE is 1492, 8
> bytes less than it was previously. Lots of things can potentially
> happen with a lower MTU that wouldn't occur at 1500, from a "magic
> packet that freezes the system" perspective.
>
> -Chris

I see.
Well I'm pretty sure now it happened at a  pppoe re-connect.
I rebooted that machine saturday morning. The isp session-timeout is set to
48 hours.
In our snmp monitoring I see an uptime of 2 days and 38 sec for that
machine....
I will go there tonight and upgrade to 1.3b10.
Hope I can upgrade without issues from the webif and it solves the problem
too.

Kind regards
Y.