[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Stecher <Michael dot Stecher at cib dot de>
 To:  "m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Problem with Static Routes and PPTP DialIn
 Date:  Mon, 31 Mar 2008 18:15:49 +0200
Hello,

i've got a problem with static routes.

Following network configuration:
[ISP] - [zyxel lan modem] - [m0n0wall]

For Dial-In the ISP uses a PPTP VPN Connection. Its a volume connection with some GB free traffic.
This connection works fine (except for some mtu problems, but thats another problem). The ISP
provide services which unlimited traffic, but the condition is to route this traffic directly - not
over the PPTP VPN Tunnel.

For this case i've added some static routes to this "special servers". The routes look like this:
Interface: LAN
Network: [special server IP]/32
Gateway: [zyxel lan modem IP]

There is a second static route, which is used (and needed) for PPTP Dial-In. I think this isn't the
problem but i don't know exactly. It looks like this:
Interface: PPTP
Network: [Dial-In IP ISP]/32
Gateway: [zyxel lan modem IP]

Now my problems:
1.) The route won't work! No Ping, no Traceroute from Client. Ping from m0n0wall says "no route to
host". M0n0wall WAN-IP and zyxwl modem IP are in the same network range.
2.) If i'll made changes to the route and apply the settings m0n0wall freezes. Hardware-Reset is the
only solution. After this the changes are applied, but the route won't work at all. I've tried to
apply the route on WAN or PPTP (virtuall DialIn Interface?!?) Interface, but without any success.

Anybody an idea?

Have many thanks for your help.

Best wishes,

Michael