[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  m0n0wall at toyne dot cix dot co dot uk
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Replace NIC/PC, but keep current config
 Date:  Tue, 1 Apr 2008 18:30:56 +0100
All

Apologies if this is a FAQ.

I currently have m0n0wall (1.231) installed on a PC that I'm about to
either replace one of the NICs in or replace entirely. Whichever, I am
looking to keep the current configuration.

I have had a quick look in the configuration XML and found the
<interfaces> node. Once I have determined the interface names
allocated by the (new) system for the NICs, I'm guessing that all I
need to do is adjust the <if> nodes accordingly. Is this correct or is
there something else that I need to do in conjunction with this?

One last question. The replacement PC has USB, currently using floppy.
What do I need to do to move the configuration to USB and get m0n0wall
to read from there instead?

Appreciate any help/pointers.

TIA and regards
Kevin