[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Daniele Guazzoni <daniele dot guazzoni at gcomm dot ch>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to add a route for a IPSEC VPN that lies on another box ?
 Date:  Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:35:53 +0100
Michel Servaes wrote:
> Is there a way to add routes on either monowall or pfsense, that would
> allow me to reach one of my collegues through the VPN of the office.
> I don't want to make another VPN at home, I just want to be able to
> access all the VPN's with some kind of rule or route...

With IPsec the communication goes from the defined local network to the defined remote network (and
vice versa) through the tunnel.
Therefore you will not be able to directly communicate to other IPsec endpoints as either the source
or the destination network will not match the IPsec definitions.
Even routing will not help: think at the IPsec definition like a firewall rule which allows only
traffic if it match both source and destination.

With OpenVPN you can allow transit over the server (in pfSense is the "client-to-client VPN"
feature).

I'm not sure if you can do that with PPTP.

Or you use some sort of proxy in your office LAN...

Hope this helps

dangerous content by MailGate, and is
believed to be clean.