[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Jeff Buehler <jeff at buehlertech dot com>
 To:  Monowall User List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how to add a route for a IPSEC VPN that lies on another box ?
 Date:  Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:46:02 -0700
Oh yeah, sorry, two LANS not one (It's been a while!).  However, the
IPSEC tunnel in essence allows all devices attached to each end become
part of the other LAN.  So if your home LAN is 192.168.22.x and your
office LAN is 192.168.23.x and you have an IPSEC tunnel between them,
then devices in either network should be able to address devices in the
other.  Daniele, I'm not sure why you would say the endpoints would be
unable to communicate - thats what the IPSEC tunnel is for, right? Or am
I forgetting something - I haven't set up a IPSEC VPN in more than a year.

<http://www.buehlerarts.com>
Jeff