[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Adam Piasecki <apiasecki at midatlanticbb dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Blocking ARP Requests? Even Possible?
 Date:  Mon, 07 Apr 2008 16:39:42 -0400
I have a m0n0wall setup like this
                                   ______
LAN[VR0](10.71.0.X) -----|Switch|
MAN[VR1](10.15.0.X) ----|_____|

I have a LAN interface and a Management Interface plugged into the same
switch.

It works fine, but I'm getting the following messages from m0n0wall.

/"kernel: arp: 10.71.0.206 is on vr0 but got reply from
00:19:d2:49:09:8d on vr1"/

Basically it's telling me that an IP that belongs to the LAN can be seen
on the Management interface. How can i prevent this message from showing
up? I don't really care if the traffic can see each other in the switch,
but once it hits my firewall. I want only my MAN IPs to access it's
port, and only the LAN IPs to access it's port.

Adam