[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Blocking ARP Requests? Even Possible?
 Date:  Mon, 7 Apr 2008 17:31:59 -0400
On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 5:17 PM, Wayne Fiori <dev9null at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Put the two networks on different VLANs if you need to keep both
>  interfaces connect to the same switch.

Yeah, ideally you never want two interfaces plugged into the same
switch like that. There isn't any point in doing so, and it's
considered bad network design.

There's a sysctl to silence the ARP warnings. I don't recall offhand
if m0n0wall has a check box to accommodate that or not, check the
Advanced page, it might be there. Otherwise google on that error
message and you'll find the appropriate sysctl to turn it off.

If you have a reason to use two interfaces like that, you should use
two switches, or VLANs.

-Chris