[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn dot com>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] How to make a Metro Wifi or Cafe Wifi in-house, multi-computer?
 Date:  Tue, 08 Apr 2008 02:24:09 -0500
Some newer laptops have an 'ad hoc' mode for their WiFi. You would get
something like the asus thing and plug that into the USB port. Then use
the laptop to acquire the hot spot and pass on the connection through
the USB port to the asus which would broadcast (on a different channel)
to your peers.

This is one scenario and your mileage may vary. It will require some
testing and tweeking though. (I have never done it as yet..)

Bob G