[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Sterling Windmill" <sterling dot windmill at custdata dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with Alix monowall reboots
 Date:  Tue, 8 Apr 2008 09:43:16 -0400
I have an Alix 2c1 running m0n0wall in a production environment and I have
seen it reboot on me a few times, although it doesn't in my case correlate
with logging into the web interface.

I am outputting my logs to a syslog server behind the router and have seen
the unit reboot almost as if it had had the power removed and replaced.
Unfortunately, no suspicious messages are contained in the logs, and while
it happened three or so times over the course of two days, it hasn't
happened in about a week.

These events and your e-mail lead me to believe that there is an underlying
problem of sorts with these pieces of hardware and the current beta release
of m0n0wall (using b10, I know b11 was released yesterday).

It's not effecting me badly enough to warrant removal of the device, but it
definitely raises some eyebrows.