[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  mtnbkr <waa dash m0n0wall at revpol dot com>
 To:  Sterling Windmill <sterling dot windmill at custdata dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Help with Alix monowall reboots
 Date:  Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:08:10 -0400
Sterling, the odd thing for me was that this started occurring on a WRAP
board with m0n0wall v1.3b4  (I think was the version), then I updated
the WRAP to m0n0wall v1.3b10 - saw same results, at which point I put in
a new ALIX with m0n0wall v1.3b10 - same results.

 From what I saw, when connected to the serial port it looked like the
nat state table was being overwhelmed...

Once that happened, web gui stopped responding, and remote syslogging
stopped too, then it would panic, reboot and all was well for a random
period of time.

Things have mostly cleared up, though I have seen it (it is back on
original WRAP) exhibit this behavior a couple time since then.