[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Vanggaard_Jensen?= <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Vista/MTU Problem - bug in traffic shaper
 Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2008 02:50:11 +0200
The Vista/MTU problems seems to keep haunting me.

I've seen several problems with Windows Vista and monowall. The problem is
probably caused by a default MTU setting of 1500 in the Windows Vista
network Layer. If i edit the Vista registry settings (reduce mtu to
something < 1400) connectivity is restored.

In general i see the problems when the Vista is connected to
monowall/internet through a wirellesss router. Cabled connections always
works. Sometimes i've been able to correct the problem by setting MTU=1400
on WAN and OPT1 interfaces. However when I'm also using the captive portal i
the problems gets worse. In some cases the Vista client cannot even display
the captive portal loginpage.

I've recently discovered, that disabling captive portal bandwith limitation
solves the problem. That is, CP "per-user bandwidth restriction" has some
sort of bug.

Any thoughts?