[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Vista/MTU Problem - bug in traffic shaper
 Date:  Tue, 8 Apr 2008 21:59:17 -0400
On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM, Soren Vanggaard Jensen
<svanggaard at hotmail dot com> wrote:

>  Actually I see the problem on all the releases I've been using/testing.
>
>  The test setup is fairly easy to reproduce:
>
>  Set up a 1.3b11 monowall router (traffic shaping enabled).
>  Attach a wireless accesspoint/bridge to OPT1
>  Enable captive portal with "per-user bandwidth restriction"

But it shows no problems at all with a wired connection? That makes me
wonder if it's wireless driver related or AP related, do multiple
Vista machines with significantly different wireless cards show the
same behavior? If this were an easy to replicate issue, I would expect
someone would have reported it by now. At this point I'd start looking
at packet captures and examine the characteristics of the traffic that
is getting dropped vs. traffic that is properly passed.

-Chris