[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Camenzind Patrick (KSDB 531)" <patrick dot camenzind at credit dash suisse dot com>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  WebGUI stops working after certificate upload
 Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:13:34 +0200
Hi,

I recently switched my m0n0wall to HTTPS using the integrated
certificate and that worked fine. I then obtained a  n officially signed
certificate from RapidSSL using an openssl created 2048bit private key.
As soon as I've uploaded this certificate, the RapidSSL root certificate
and the matching private key into m0n0walls WebGUI and did a reboot, I
got no WebGUI at anymore... neither on port 80 nor on 443... seems like
the whole http-server crashes. All the setup rules and settings work
though without problems (I can still access the internet from LAN and so
on) but the firewall is no longer open on these ports on the LAN
interface as nmap tells me that these ports are in state "filtered" not
"open". Has m0n0walls http-server limitations regarding the private key
size? Is 2048bit too big?

Regards

Patrick Camenzind