[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Andrew Crane" <fairalbion at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  To Beta or not to Beta?
 Date:  Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:08:27 -0400
Good afternoon from a m0n0wall noob:
I will shortly be deploying m0n0wall 1.233 on a Soekris net5501 for a
small business (around 25 PCs) . This will go in behind the box
supplied by the ADSL provider,  which will have its NATing firewall
function disabled. Their  DSL provides 6Mbps down & 768Kbps up & they
are looking to get  a VPN established for their users  who are on the
road with Windows notebook PCs. They will host a low-use service on a
machine in the DMZ. Their e-mail & web are hosted by third parties.

Would it be wise to upgrade this to the latest 1.3 beta build and
deploy it in a production environment? I just wondering what the 1.3
beta would bring to the table. Or should I stick to the tried & true
1.233 until 1.3 is out of beta?

Regards,
Andrew Crane
(Atlanta, GA, USA.)