[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Cant access Gui of Wireless AP on inside of m0n0
 Date:  Thu, 10 Apr 2008 11:16:19 -0700
On Thu, 2008-04-10 at 01:10 -0400, Chris Buechler wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:51 AM, Chris Flugstad <chris at cascadelink dot com> wrote:
> > I am trying to access the web gui (https)  from outside the m0n0.
> >  i setup a firewall rule under the WAN tab
> >
> <snip>
> >  when i use my browswer and go to  http://m0n0wall-ip:4444    nothing goes
> > through
> >  what am i missing?
> >

> Default gateway on the AP wrong or missing. That, or it ignores its
> default gateway, people have reported that with some APs, IP security
> cameras, and similar devices.
>
> -Chris

default gw on the AP or inside device should be on its same subnet(ex
192.168.1.1).  would it matter if my puplic WAN IP subnet is a /26 that
it sits on?  i dont have a problem connecting to teh same ap with a
linksys wrt and port forwarding.  I'll try adding the gw into the AP.
im guessing there isnt one, as its pretty default settings.

-christopher