[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Petar Bogdanovic <petar at smokva dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  firmware upgrade -- image check before overwrite?
 Date:  Mon, 14 Apr 2008 00:47:53 +0200
Hi,

I would like to temporary upgrade a router-device to m0n0wall. This is a
simple task since the installed OS allows ssh and runs from a memory
disk so I will be able to do a simple:

	gzcat m0n0wall.img | ssh router dd of=/dev/rwd0d

Since in a few months, I'll have to switch back to my old OS I wonder
how I'm going to do this when m0n0wall is installed. Yes, there is a
firmware upload page but what will actually happen when I press
`upload'? dd from sector 0 without any checks?

Thanks,

Petar