[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Soren Vanggaard Jensen <svanggaard at hotmail dot com>
 To:  Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Vista/MTU Problem - bug in traffic shaper
 Date:  Mon, 14 Apr 2008 12:35:10 +0000
I'm afraid i was a bit too fast when concluding. There's still problems - even with cable btw.
client and monowall. 1.st problem: No captive portal, no trafficshaping.I go to exec.php and run
'ifconfig sis2 mtu 1400'.
I connect the client via cable/UTP to sis2.Next i point my browser (WindowsXP/IE6) to
http://www.hotmail.com -> timeout
2.nd problem:No captive portal, no trafficshaping. I connect a linux based AP to sis2. The
Accesspoint is running in bridged mode.I go to exec.php and run 'ifconfig sis2 mtu 1400'My client is
a wireless  Windows Vista/IE7http://www.hotmail.com -> timeouthttp://cnn.com -> OK
http://www.google.com -> OK  Next i adjust mtu: exec.php - run 'ifconfig sis2 mtu
1500'http://www.hotmail.com -> timeouthttp://cnn.com -> timeoutseveral others ->
timeouthttp://www.google.com -> ok For the 2.nd problem I've attached a trace (hotmail access -
wireshark). The trace may be found here as well (only for a couple of days):
http://www.adhocit.dk/hotmail_dump.zip
If i replace monowall with another cheap noname router everything works. If i connect the wireless
AP directly to Internet - everything works.Any Ideas?

Discover the new Windows Vista