[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JR <tiresias at gmail dot com>
 To:  "Andrew Crane" <fairalbion at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] To Beta or not to Beta?
 Date:  Tue, 15 Apr 2008 12:13:37 -0400
On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:08 PM, Andrew Crane <fairalbion at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Good afternoon from a m0n0wall noob:
>  I will shortly be deploying m0n0wall 1.233 on a Soekris net5501 for a
>  Would it be wise to upgrade this to the latest 1.3 beta build and
>  deploy it in a production environment? I just wondering what the 1.3
>  beta would bring to the table. Or should I stick to the tried & true
>  1.233 until 1.3 is out of beta?

I deployed a couple net5501's intially with 1.2x but I've since
upgraded them to 1.3b. They are on medium-sized networks; 50-75
concurrent users. It was mostly proper VLAN support for the net5501
and ability to filter incoming traffic on IPSEC VPN's that prompted me
to upgrade. I've had no problems running 1.3b9 and 1.3b11 in
production at numerous sites, mostly on Alix 2c3's and the net5501's.

JR