[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]
 From:  Joe <j dot commisso at verizon dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ipsec vpn starts one-way
 Date:  Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:57:12 -0400

I have an ipsec 1.3b10 - 1.3b11 tunnel running between two static IP

I also have a m0n0wall server at home where I have a non-static DSL

When I power up my home systems, I check the home IP address of my
m0n0wall server here. Then I log into one of the static IP m0n0wall ends
of the tunnel and change the ipsec page to save my home IP address as a
static IP end of a new tunnel.

I save it. I "apply changes". Then I have a tunnel from home and I'm

The problem is that when I press "apply changes" to save the ipsec page,
the original tunnel is severed and won't come up until something like a
ping is issued from one end only.

If something like a ping or telenet session is issued from the second
end, it hangs until the tunnel is brought up from the first end.

Any help would be appreciated. m0n0wall is appreciated.