[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Joe <j dot commisso at verizon dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  ipsec vpn starts one-way
 Date:  Fri, 18 Apr 2008 21:57:12 -0400
Hi,

I have an ipsec 1.3b10 - 1.3b11 tunnel running between two static IP
addresses.

I also have a m0n0wall server at home where I have a non-static DSL
modem.

When I power up my home systems, I check the home IP address of my
m0n0wall server here. Then I log into one of the static IP m0n0wall ends
of the tunnel and change the ipsec page to save my home IP address as a
static IP end of a new tunnel.

I save it. I "apply changes". Then I have a tunnel from home and I'm
connected.

The problem is that when I press "apply changes" to save the ipsec page,
the original tunnel is severed and won't come up until something like a
ping is issued from one end only.

If something like a ping or telenet session is issued from the second
end, it hangs until the tunnel is brought up from the first end.

Any help would be appreciated. m0n0wall is appreciated.

Joe