[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Neil A. Hillard" <m0n0 at dana dot org dot uk>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Re: ipsec vpn starts one-way
 Date:  Sat, 19 Apr 2008 18:04:07 +0100
Hi,

In message <1208623570 dot 3212 dot 14 dot camel at laptop dot localdomain>, Joe
<j dot commisso at verizon dot net> writes

>I just noticed that the site on the right has 22045 LAN collisions while
>the site on the left has 0.
>
>The site on the right also has an older LAN NIC and is at "10baseT/UTP
><half-duplex>". I think the LAN NIC is a 3com.

That in itself doesn't necessarily mean anything's wrong.  It may be
connected to a hub or a switch port that's been set to 10Mbps half
duplex.

If it's connected to a switch and there's a duplex mismatch then it's a
different matter and you may have to force it to full duplex in the
config.

HTH,

                                Neil.