[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Thomas Serra" <thomas dot serra at bluewin dot ch>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  how can I log web traffic using m0n0wall?
 Date:  Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:17:10 +0200
Hello,

** THE CONTEXT **

LAN(clients-10.0.0.0/28)-----m0n0wall-----WAN

We use m0n0Wall 1.233 on a WRAP (m0n0 is on a CF card)

LAN-clients: Windows XP

** WHAT WE NEED **

For company concerns, we need to keep track of all web traffic.
Which means: log users web traffic for sites their visiting thru m0n0wall.
We need an URL list to be generated.

We would like m0n0 to do the job:
m0n0 keeps track of all the web traffic and then every 12h sends the log
file to an email address, ftp server...
We would like to avoid the use of another proxy server (running squid).

"Outback Dingo" partially answered my question. He suggested me to use
dsniff (http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/dsniff/)

- Does anyone have some experience with dnsniff?

- Does have dsniff have an impact on m0n0wall reliability?

- If someone already uses dsniff with m0n0, what is the exact
installation/config procedure?

Perhaps someone has another solution?

Thank you very much for your help,

Thomas