[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Todd D. Volz" <todd at stir dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how can I log web traffic using m0n0wall?
 Date:  Mon, 21 Apr 2008 20:26:43 -0500 (CDT)
If you are already running Squid, why not just use the Squid logs?

Especially since you have easier control over the host OS on your Squid proxy than is available on
monowall.

dsniff will probably not be something that you will be able to run on the monowall box as those
tools need to be installed.

Another option may be to use something like untangle <http://www.untangle.com>

Getting something that e-mails you the log every 12 hours, also takes you away from monowall. For
that you are looking into a specific feature of a proxy server, or using a proxy ontop of a
configurable OS that you script to make the logging work the way you want it.

Hope this helps.

Todd