[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  JR <tiresias at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ipsec vpn starts one-way
 Date:  Mon, 21 Apr 2008 22:55:59 -0400
On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 9:57 PM, Joe <j dot commisso at verizon dot net> wrote:
>  I have an ipsec 1.3b10 - 1.3b11 tunnel running between two static IP
>  addresses.

Is the 1.3b10 m0n0wall involved in the tunnel that is experiencing the
problem? I would upgrade that m0n0wall from b10 to b11. The fixes in
b11 concerning new vs old SA's seem to have solved similar IPSEC VPN
problems I was having.

I too recommend using a hostname in the VPN config (dyndns, etc) to
point to your dynamic IP. I'm doing this at several sites and it works
great.

JR