[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] how can I log web traffic using m0n0wall?
 Date:  Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:41:59 -0500
Thomas Serra wrote:
> Hello Lee,
>
> Untangle seams to be a nice option!
>
> You said I might want to use it in bridge mode behind m0n0wall.
>

> I use m0n0wall for:
>
> - Firewall
> - VPN-PPTP
> - DHCP server for my LAN clients
>

> With Untangle set as described below can I still:
>
> - access my LAN machines from home with a VPN-PPTP connection?
>
> - Does the DHCP assign properly IP address to my LAN machines?
>
> - In other words how do you set network for everything to work together?

First, get on the forums there, as you will want support.  Untangle is
billed as a product to replace m0n0wall, but it has faults.  The
firewall is weak in feedback, they use only OpneVPN and have no IPsec,
and there is no traffic shaping.  But if you place it in bridge mode
behind a m0n0wall router, you get all that. Assign a static IP, and it
only filters what you tell it.  But there can be some issues with
complex routed networks, so get on the forums.

			Lee