[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Ping Kwong" <kwongp at midtown dot net>
 To:  "'Michael Brown'" <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>, "'m0n0wall'" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Nintendo Wii and M0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 26 Apr 2008 00:20:22 -0700
Michael Brown wrote:

>Has anyone had any issues connecting a Nintendo Wii from behind a
>m0n0wall system? I have a fairly straight forward setup. I have a
>m0n0wall with a static IP, and on the LAN side basic DHCP with NAT. Any
>workstation on the LAN connects to the internet just fine. No port
>blocking or anything like that for Internet access. I've read the

I've used it on m0n0wall for months without a problem even played
multiplayer.  The only tricking part I'm aware is if you have another OPT
interface and turn on the captive portal.  Even if you have the MAC address
as an exception, you have to use the Opera browser first in order to get
online elsewhere.  If you don't have Opera (I got it when it was free), then
I'm not sure what you can do if you have captive portal turned on.

I noticed that pfSense does their captive portal differently as I've been
testing it out for the last week now.  If you give a MAC address exception
for the captive portal, it is connected right away without having to open a
browser first.

database 3056 (20080426) __________

http://www.eset.com