[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  'm0n0wall' <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Nintendo Wii and M0n0wall
 Date:  Sat, 26 Apr 2008 02:34:09 -0500
Hi Ping,
You've hit upon something I didn't think about, I was trying it through
the OPT1 interface. I didn't think about the Captive Portal either, you
are right, the Wii is in the mac passthrough for it. I bet if I fake
it's mac address, hit a single website (to establish the
"unauthenticated" pass-through session), then let the Wii back in with
it's own real MAC address, it might just be a work for the Wii.

I'll post back to the list if it works, good info for anyone else that
encounters this.

Thanks,
Michael