[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Fred Grayson <fredgrayson at bellsouth dot net>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.3b Woes
 Date:  Thu, 01 May 2008 18:31:42 -0400
I run m0n0 1.233 on a AMD-K6 - III/450 with 128MB of RAM with three
DLINK NICs (Realtec chipset - yes I know all about how crappy these can
be) on a 16MB DOM flash IDE drive.

I have also run this version with three 3Com NICs, and also with both
types of NICs on a small, 1.2GB IDE hard drive. It works fine, no
problems with anything no matter what the mix of drive type or NICs.

However, I can't very far with any 1.3b that I have tried (b7-b11). It
doesn't matter which NICs or whether on the HD or Flash drive. It fails
identically the same way.

I can boot it and assign interfaces. Then I can assign m0n0's LAN IP and
netmask. Then I can ping m0n0's LAN IP from the console. But that's it.

I can't ping any other IP from the console. The m0n0wall LAN IP can not
be pinged from the LAN, and the Web GUI can't be reached from the LAN.
On the console, it throws Watchdog Timeouts on the interfaces.

I have tried disabling various things in the system BIOS, but no joy.

If I boot this HD or Flash drive install of 1.3b on one of my other
machines (all ASUS), it works fine.

Any ideas as to what the problem is? I have to use the AMD-K6 machine
for m0n0, so I am  stuck with 1.233 unless I can get this fixed.

TIA