[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "David Burgess" <apt dot get at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "Monowall Support List" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] PORT Fowarding Doenst Work?
 Date:  Fri, 2 May 2008 12:07:11 -0600
On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Chris Buechler <cbuechler at gmail dot com> wrote:
> On Jan 25, 2008 12:26 PM, Alex M <radiussupport at lrcommunications dot net> wrote:
>  >
>  > So, I'm back to my original question why the port forwarding doesn't work?
>  > I just seted up default getaway on the switch to point to monobox
>  > 192.168.1.1 but no luck, when I go to the WAN:PORT address I still getting
>  > nowhere. Is there any way to trace how the pakets are being routed?
>  >

>  Enable logging on the WAN firewall rule permitting the traffic and
>  check your firewall logs. If it's getting logged as passed, then there
>  is something wrong with the switch. Maybe the default gateway isn't
>  entered properly. Some cheap devices refuse to use their default
>  gateway. Maybe there is a firmware update available for the switch
>  that fixes the issue.

Same problem here. My ssh server is listening on port 22 but I want it
to respond externally to port 443 (proxy issues). When I had NAT setup
with both ext and int port 22 it worked fine, but when I changed ext
port to 443, keeping int port at 22 I get no forwarding. The firewall
rule is still in place on the WAN allowing connections to the IP
address of the ssh server on port 22 and logging. When I attempt to
connect ssh on port 443 it times out and m0n0 doesn't log anything.

So it seems port forwarding works if the internal and external ports
are the same, but not otherwise.

m0n0wall 1.3b11 pc generic

db