[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: FW: [m0n0wall] malware HackTool.win32.ArpAttacker.3020
 Date:  Tue, 06 May 2008 22:23:33 -0500
Yeah, this will be a tough one. If everyone is on a switch (along with
m0n0wall), you can't really cut them off because even if m0n0wall is
ignoring them, everyone else is still listening to their computer while
it spews garbage. Short of unplugging their Ethernet connection, if an
infected machine causing network havoc; it is harder to isolate.

What kind of scope are we talking about here? A private network? A
business? A large network setup (like 100+ clients?)

Thanks,
Michael