[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Michael Brown <knightmb at knightmb dot dyndns dot org>
 To:  m0n0 <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Captive Portal forgets about an authenticated user after a while
 Date:  Tue, 13 May 2008 07:56:01 -0500
Hi,
Thanks for the advise. I lowered the timeout just as a precaution to
less than a day and so far it seems to work, even with DHCP lease times
set for the default 2 hours. I think a combination of the older version
and using an entire day (1440 minutes) timeout might be hitting a
limitation that it was not originally designed for. So far, so good, if
I have any issues I'll report them back here.

Thanks,
Michael

Mohammed Ismail wrote:
> hellos ,
> regarding DHCP lease time out ,
> you should increase the lease time or , that would be better, to store on your monowall the MAC
addresses of the clients and assign particular IP for each one,
> second , you should tell captive portal that the idle time out is >>>>> let us say 30 min
> that means if the user did not send or receive any packet during the 30 min , it will
automatically disconnect him and log out from the captive portal.