[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Recover config.xml from config.cache
 Date:  Thu, 15 May 2008 03:46:35 -0400
On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Guy Widloecher
<guy dot widloecher at gmail dot com> wrote:
> Bill and Aaron,
>
> Thank you for your answers, but the pages like /status.php or
> /diag_backup.php are no longer available due to the diskette failure: the
> script hangs while accessing to the /conf/config.xml file (for instance the
> line $fd = @fopen("/conf/config.xml", "r"); in status.php).
>
> So I only found the way to recover by using config.cache as explained
> before.

Yeah it is absolutely possible to lose your config other than the
cache, when you're using a floppy. I'll stop short of a rant on how
terribly unreliable floppy disks are (just search this list archive
for proof).  :)

Guy, thanks for the tip, I marked this as a "to document" item for
future inclusion in the docs.

-Chris