[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Kimmo Jaskari" <kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Recover config.xml from config.cache
 Date:  Thu, 15 May 2008 17:14:30 +0300
On 5/13/08, Guy Widloecher <guy dot widloecher at gmail dot com> wrote:

>  I have been confronted with the following problem: after a diskette failure,
>  the m0n0wall was no longer manageable and the backup of config.xml was not
>  up to date!

Nice solution to the problem!

Though, let me recommend installing something a bit more reliable than
a floppy for config storage. ;) Transcend makes nice SATA or IDE flash
modules that work beautifully for that and cost very little. Been
using one myself for quite a while and it's been rock solid, and you
don't have to worry they'll die on you due to wear and tear the way a
stone-age rotating platter (ie, harddrive) might.

--
-{ Kimmo Jaskari }--{ kimmo dot jaskari at gmail dot com }--

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort.
 - Herm Albright