[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Harald Sauff <harald dot sauff at tu dash harburg dot de>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.3b11 config-file problem
 Date:  Thu, 15 May 2008 16:33:02 +0200
Hi list,

right now I have a DELL PowerEdge 1750 running m0n0wall 1.233 from a
CD-ROM, saving its config on a floppy drive.

To decrease reboot time and increase reliability I wanted to switch to a
harddisk installation. So I booted the system from a linux CD and wrote
the image of 1.3b11 to the harddisk.
I removed all CDs and the floppy disk, and rebooted. The 1.3b11 came up
without a problem, but at one point an error message came up that said
something like "can't find config.xml" (or "can't access...") -
unfortunately I didn't write the exact message down, because I had to
reboot into the 1.233 again to reestablish connectivity for my users...

The interesting thing is that this was the first boot of a fresh install
- but I never had the chance to use a "fresh" config or to restore my
old config, because the only option was "press a key to reboot". I never
got the command line menu to make the basic settings for IP, devices and
so on.

Does anyone have an idea how I could get the 1.3b11 running and make the
switch from 1.233 CD-ROM to 1.3b11 harddisk?

greetings,
  Harald