[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  Manuel Kasper <mk at neon1 dot net>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch, Luke Fahey <luke at advance dot on dot net>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3.b11 lockups
 Date:  Thu, 15 May 2008 16:24:33 -0500 (CDT)
I'm running 1.3b11 on a plethora of hardware from old P2s, P3s, fanless Via mini-itx, etc with no
lockups or problems. Are you using any services that might cause lockups? My installations are
running traffic shaping, captive portal, and pptp generally. Most of them have around 30-40 rules
per interface as well. Some are running as standard multiple subnet routing with a WAN doing NAT and
others are running in a transparent bridge mode.

I think what I'm getting at is I've had no problems on a multitude of hardware and configuration
scenarios. It just may be a problem directly related to the Alix platform.

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.