[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Harald Sauff <harald dot sauff at tu dash harburg dot de>
 To:  Monowall Support List <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] 1.3b11 config-file problem
 Date:  Fri, 16 May 2008 14:55:49 +0200
Hi,

> Sounds like the FreeBSD kernel didn't detect your disk (controller). Did
> you spot any kernel messages that would indicate that it found your
> server's SCSI controller (and I just blindly assume you've got SCSI
> disks in that server ;), or device da0 (first SCSI disk)?

Yes, you're right, it's a SCSI-RAID-Controller. No, I couldn't spot any
message, but they went by really fast and I couldn't scroll back
(because that triggered the reboot). But I assume it would enable the
SCSI disks somewhere in the end where it also enables the CD-ROM drive.
So probably the RAID controller isn't supported.
Sorry that I didn't think about that myself, but I assumed everything
went right because it seemed to boot normally...

> Also, if that server has a spare PATA slot where you can fit in an
> IDE<->CF adapter, you're probably better off using that instead of HDs...

The PATA controller has only the CD-ROM drive attached, so there should
be space for a CF card adapter. I will try that.

Thanks for the help!

greetings,
  Harald