[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com>
 To:  Lee Sharp <leesharp at hal dash pc dot org>
 Cc:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Kernel Panic on Boot... Help?
 Date:  Wed, 21 May 2008 19:48:05 -0500 (CDT)
I really should pick up a vlan capable switch... I'm still running a few various gross desktop
switches here and there at home... :-(

Interestingly enough, I thought I'd give pfSense a shot for "gits and shiggles" and it boots just
fine recognizing the onboard realtek nic and the two additional interfaces on the pci card. I did
notice though that I still see a "$PIR: ROUTE_INTERRUPT failed." during bootup but it doesn't hang.
Are there significant changes between FreeBSD 6.3(base for monowall 1.3bx series) and FreeBSD
6.2(base for pfSense 1.2-RELEASE series)? I will try a current non-beta version of monowall to see
if it makes any difference.

Although it seems a bit inverse, maybe pfSense just takes less power than monowall... :-D

Tim Nelson
Systems/Network Support
Rockbochs Inc.