[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Chris Buechler" <cbuechler at gmail dot com>
 Cc:  "m0n0wall -" <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] Kernel Panic on Boot... Help?
 Date:  Wed, 21 May 2008 21:21:12 -0400
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Tim Nelson <tnelson at rockbochs dot com> wrote:
> I really should pick up a vlan capable switch... I'm still running a few various gross desktop
switches here and there at home... :-(

> Interestingly enough, I thought I'd give pfSense a shot for "gits and shiggles" and it boots just
fine recognizing the onboard realtek nic and the two additional interfaces on the pci card. I did
notice though that I still see a "$PIR: ROUTE_INTERRUPT failed." during bootup but it doesn't hang.
Are there significant changes between FreeBSD 6.3(base for monowall 1.3bx series) and FreeBSD
6.2(base for pfSense 1.2-RELEASE series)? I will try a current non-beta version of monowall to see
if it makes any difference.

That's strange, I figured it was either some sort of IRQ handling
issue in that board, or a bug in FreeBSD 6.x. A regression from 6.2 to
6.3 is possible. An additional test would be to try a FreeBSD
6.3/pfSense 1.2 images:
http://cvs.pfsense.org/~sullrich/testing_images/6/FreeBSD_RELENG_6_3/pfSense_RELENG_1_2/

-Chris