[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  spectro <spectro at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  OPT1 - WAN Bridge in vmware server?
 Date:  Thu, 22 May 2008 21:34:24 -0500
I have a colocation server with a 16 ip address subnet (x.x.x.144/28).
The gateway is x.x.x.145 and the server itself is set to use
x.x.x.146.

I want to use monowall (x-mono 1.233 vmware appliance) as firewall and
put all the virtual servers behind but I can't get it to work.

WAN: x.x.x.158/28 (bridged to eth0)
LAN: 192.168.1.1/24 (host-only, vmnet2)
OPT1: bridged to wan (bridged to eth1, not cable plugged to physical net card)

To test, I created a virtual machine with xubuntu in it and two
virtual network cards, one connected to LAN, the other to OPT1
network. I cannot get through the monowall from this box either way.

From monowall I can ping either side (colo gateway in WAN, xubuntu in
OPT1) but I cannot ping the gateway from the box in OPT1 (I get
destination unreachable)

I've tried enable/disable filtering bridge, and pass-all rules to not avail.

What am I missing?