[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem forcing speed and duplex mode (in 1.233 as well as in 1.3b11)
 Date:  Wed, 28 May 2008 08:08:19 +0200
Thanks for the suggestion but it looks like the nic actually accepts the
speed and duplex that I try to assign (see the ifconfig output and the
difference between an untouched nic (sis0 media: Ethernet autoselect
(100baseTX <full-duplex>)) and the one that I tried to set the speeds to
(sis2 media: Ethernet 100baseTX <full-duplex> (10baseT/UTP)). Running
ifconfig -m from exec.php shows me that I entered the mediasettings
exactly the way that the driver wants them to be. I'm at a loss and that
ISP-provided device is out of my control and they only allow that one
default configuration. No way to change it unfortunately.

Holger

  _____