[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  Drew Lehman <dlehman at digitatech dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  Allow by hostname
 Date:  Wed, 28 May 2008 13:42:36 -0400
I have an issue with a remote user.  I have blocked all outside address
from SMTP except a spam filtering server to avoid "drive-by-spam".  This
has worked great except one of the owners uses a Windows Mobile device
to retrieve and send mail.  The retrieval works great, but Verizon has a
huge range of addresses that are not contiguous.  I have been able to
map out ranges as she gets blocked, but this is time consuming and
frustrating for the client.  Verizon cannot give me a list of ranges
(I'm not sure if any one person knows them), but can tell me that they
all resolve to *.myvzw.com.  So far I have no been able to allow access
based on the host name.  Any suggestion?  I would love to roll these out
to more clients, but this is going to be a common issue as many clients
have seen my use my phone for my office email and love the idea.