[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Phil Brutsche" <phil at brutsche dot us>
 Cc:  <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem forcing speed and duplex mode (in 1.233 as well as in 1.3b11)
 Date:  Thu, 29 May 2008 08:28:08 +0200
That's exactly the problem. The ISP has set it's end to 100 mbit/s, full
duplex and not autonegotiate. They don't want to change it as this is
the default config that they ship everywhere. Doing autonegotation on
the m0n0 detects the correct speed but a wrong duplex mode which makes
the link nearly unusable (and I have voip running over it as well which
is highly critical realtime traffic). I only know this used to work with
older version (had to use it in some similiar cases already) of m0n0wall
but doesn't work with the versions I tested anymore. I don't want to
place a manageable switch in between the m0n0 and the provider device
just to be able to configure speed and duplex. Other option is to go
back to an older version of m0n0 where this still worked.

Holger