[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  "Holger Bauer" <Holger dot Bauer at citec dash ag dot de>
 To:  "Todd D. Volz" <todd at stir dot org>, <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  RE: [m0n0wall] Problem forcing speed and duplex mode (in 1.233 as well as in 1.3b11)
 Date:  Thu, 29 May 2008 09:56:52 +0200
Thank you for your suggestion. In fact this link is a point to point
link and I have a m0n0 running on a wrap at each end of the link. The
problem is the same at both ends using 2 different wraps, cables,... .
The m0n0s actually just do some trafficshaping on the link, no
firewalling, no vpn...nothing else. As I tested m0n0 1.233 and 1.3b11
which are based on different bsd versions I doubt that it is a freebsd
bug but maybe something in the way that m0n0 assigns the settings to the
nic. The nics are oboard SIS in pcengines wraps. This worked with old
versions on the same hardware with the same nics and from runing
ifconfig it actually seems to assign the speed and duplex, it's just
nnot used for some reason and falls back to autonegotiation (which in
the case of the ISP devices fails).

Holger