[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  Re: [m0n0wall] ADSL Modem Recommendations
 Date:  Fri, 30 May 2008 08:25:05 +0200
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Peter Teunissen <lists at onemanifest dot net>
wrote:

> On 29-mei-2008, at 15:27, Paul Rae wrote:
>
>  I have new install here and and have a couple of questions
>>
>> 1. Its currently using a BT branded 2700 router (I believe this a 2Wire
>> 2700
>> router) and we were told it supported half bridge / full bridge mode. I
>> for
>> the life of me cannot see anyway of setting this up so I can use it as a
>> modem only and then keep the existing m0n0wall router in place. Does
>> anyone
>> know how to set this up using this router?
>> 2. Failing that (and probably the quickest and easies option) can you
>> recommend a ADSL modem that can operate in half bridge mode.

My experience;

D-link DSL300T : garbage, random crashes, daily reboots, ... trashed them
all
Thomson speedtouch: No issues, but older model (i think 510 or so), no
adsl2, runs on 6MBit adsl lines for a few years now.
Linksys AM200 : Not bad, but sometimes restores to default settings with no
reason, annoying for remote locations.
Linksys AG241: Very good, no issues at all so far.

I always set them up in full bridged mode, so let the m0n0 do the PPPoE, but
as far as I remember they all do half bridge mode.
HTH

Kind regards,
Y.