[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  sylikc <sylikc at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch
 Subject:  1.3b PPTP key length 63
 Date:  Fri, 30 May 2008 15:20:51 -0700
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is only a bug in 1.3b10 or it also exists in other
betas.  Actually, I'm not sure if it's a bug at all.

Anyhow, the PPTP user key length is limited to 63 characters.  I mean,
according to the HTML code, it's unlimited:
<input name="password" type="password" class="formfld" id="password"
size="20">

I don't know how big the actual key length should be, but in the past, I've
been able to use 64 characters and it has worked conneccting from a Windows
environment.  Has something changed? perhaps there's a character that was
trunctated?

/sylikc