[ previous ] [ next ] [ threads ]

 From:  YvesDM <ydmlog at gmail dot com>
 To:  m0n0wall <m0n0wall at lists dot m0n0 dot ch>
 Subject:  deny certain mac address from getting an ip?
 Date:  Sun, 15 Jun 2008 08:53:54 +0200
Hi,

I need to avoid certain mac addresses to even get an dhcp lease from
m0n0wall.
I find the "deny unknown clients" under the dhcpserver options, but I want
the opposite.
For example mac address xx:yy:xx:xx:xx:yy can NOT retrieve an ip address
over dhcp.
Can this be done somehow?

Note: I know i can block the client on the firewall,  but i talk about a
virus infected box here taking the whole network down.
I already tried to  add a static assignment and block him with a rule on the
lan interface, but he still takes the mono down, so I want to avoid he even
gets an ip address.
I wish I had a manageable ethernet switch now on that location, but this
isn't the case :-(

Kind regards,
Yves